Pages

24 February 2012

Say hi to Septic Flesh

Today, I'll be taking a moment to introduce you to my favorite flavor of the month:

Septic Flesh

They're old, they've been around, disbanded, re-banded (I know that's not a word, but with so many bands doing it these days, it totally should be) and otherwise proven themselves in most of the metal world.  I think?

I'm a little behind on album releases, which I will blame on living in Japan, but Septic Flesh released a new album in April of 2011.  It may not be new to you, but it's new to me...  I was doing my daily dose of Youtube surfing and ran across one of their songs.  Which has been followed by about a month of listening to very little else.  (I'm a little bit obsessive about my music; I've mentioned that before right?)

Septic Flesh is a Greek band that started in 1990, broke up in 2003, and had a reunion tour followed by an album in 2007-2008.  Check out their official website if you want to know more boring biography details.

 Their sound is dark, melodic metal at it's best.  The guitarist recently completed a degree in classical composition and the newest album, The Great Mass, has some slight reflection of his newly earned degree with its use of  a symphony as well as allusions to classical forms spread through-out the album.  But make no mistake, it's not the all too common mix of screaming guitar and Moonlight Sonata.  It's so much more and, thank god, so much better than that. 

A short teaser for the album:



Interested? 

(also, I love parentheses, so get used to seeing them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment