Pages

13 February 2012

Say hi to Gevolt

I'm going to try to make a regular (twice a month-ish?) article introducing various bands.  To do this regularly, as I hope to do, I'll need lots of suggestions!!

I'm going to try to keep away from super well-known bands, but may include a few if I really like them...or if I run out of ideas.

To keep it fresh, I'll also be venturing into lots of different genres, though I'll try to keep it geared towards bands you can headbang to.

So...
To start with I'll be introducing you to

Gevolt

(official promotional photo from their website, by Igor Kruter)

Gevolt calls itself Yiddish metal and is the first band I've ever heard that sings in Yiddish, so kudos for that Gevolt. And somewhat ironically, considering history, Yiddish sounds a lot like German... In fact, Gevolt sounds a lot like Rammstein, mostly due to the vocalist's Till-like voice.

BUT.

I don't want you to think they are copycats of the more famous Rammstein, Gevolt clearly has it's own, unique sound.  It's metal with a violin and just a touch of electronic something.

Gevolt is composed of six members:

Vadim Weinstein - drums
Eve Yefremov - violin
Anatholy Bonder - vocals
Michael Gimmervert - guitar
Dmitry Lifshitz - synthesizer
Mark Lekhovitser - bass guitar

They've released two albums, Sidur and AlefBase.

I don't want to bore you with the same information you can find on their website, so on with the music!



Here's their latest PV for the song, Tshiribim Tshiribom:


And if you look here you can download their album, AlefBase, from their official website.  FOR FREE!!! (if you like it there's an option to donate or buy the album as well)






No comments:

Post a Comment