Pages

25 July 2012

Say hi to Each of the Days

Self described as a metalcore band, Each of the Days is from Nagoya, Japan.  I, personally, would categorize them closer to plain hardcore as they are missing much of the techno aspects I usually associate with metalcore (thinking EotD is more towards August Burns Red or As I Lay Dying), but when it comes to all these sub-genres is the classification really all that important?  The music is good, the concerts are fun, and the moshpit is crazy...Just the way I like it.

Each of the Days has six members.  Two guitarists, a bassist, vocalist, drummer and can you guess the last?

 A percussionist!

As you've probably guessed I'm a sucker for different or unusual instrumentations.  I love a little something unique and the extra percussionist in Each of the Days sells it for me.  It enables them to do quite a bit rhythmically and allows them to use more percussion then what's found in a typical rocker's drum kit.  Listen carefully for those little unique touches, they're what's going to keep the band relevant and interesting as they continue to "grow-up."

Check out a recent music video from them:


Notice anything else awesome?

Female drummer is wicked.  Female drummer in f*cking leopard print heels is crazy awesome.  Most bands don't have female drummers and I suspect that's it for a similar reason there aren't very many professional female concert pianists.  That isn't to say it's a correct assumption, but here it is:  women don't have the muscle and stamina to perform for a two hour concert.  Proving it's not true is Mako, the cutest female drummer ever.

And just for the fun of it, here's a 2nd "live" video:




So there you go.  A new band from my home away from home.

In a poor attempt to make up for my extreme non-posting these last few months expect a few more in the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment