Pages

31 March 2012

Where have I been?

I kind of wanted to apologize about starting this blog, writing a few posts and then disappearing for over a month.  I have an excuse, whether it's good or not, it's the only excuse I have:

I was unexpectedly laid-off from my job and have since then been thrown into a rush of decision making.  I had to decide if I wanted to dig my heels in and find another, similar job in Japan or try for something different.  Given my almost hatred of being a wastrel assistant English teacher, I decided that the 'something different' sounded best.

BUT

My current apartment and car and pretty much everything else is provided by my company so I was given a month to find a new job, pack, break up with my boyfriend (when the best part of the relationship is the sex, long distance isn't going to work), move, etc.  I've been a very busy girl. 

On top of all the stuff I had to do I've been rushing to attend a few last concerts of favorite Japanese bands before I head back home for a much needed vacation.  It's been a wild past few weeks, full of long-ass goodbye parties nearly everyday and concerts in both Tokyo and Osaka (neither of which are super close to where I live nor to each other).

I actually don't take pictures at most concerts because it's annoying, so this is a really old photo from one of the first lives I attended in Japan--the band is UnsraW, a now defunct band. 


Hopefully I'll be back to being terminally bored and full of blogginess very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment